Sunday, February 26, 2012

Flourless Oatmeal Peanut Butter Banana Cookies


I'm home for the weekend and I always like to make good use of my mom's Williams Sonoma appliance-filled kitchen, and a dishwasher! Its a rough life being a college student...

For this recipe, the title explains it all. Cookies are my specialty and when I found out that I had to restrict my diet for my allergies I instantly panicked at the thought of how I could no longer enjoy cookies... wrong!

I created a really yummy flourless cookie that tastes just as good. What is a better combination than peanut butter & banana?? Get cookin' these are seriously delicious.

Ingredients:
  • 1 Cup Smooth Peanut Butter
  • 3/4 Cup Granulated Sugar
  • 1 Large Egg
  • 1 Banana, Mashed
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 3/4 cup quick/old fashioned oats
  • (Optional)- 1 Cup Semi Sweet Chocolate chips

Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350 Degrees
  • Use Non-stick baking sheet, or line with parchment paper
  • Mix Mashed banana, egg, salt, baking soda, peanut butter, sugar & vanilla together in a large bowl with a wooden spoon, making sure that the egg is fully mixed in.
  • Add in oats and (optional) chocolate chips and mix until combined.
  • On your baking sheet place round 1-inch heaps of dough, about 1-2 inches apart (I use a little mini fruit scoop for perfect dough!)
  • Let bake for 10-12 minutes (until edges are golden-brown)
  • Let cool on baking rack and enjoy!!

No comments:

Post a Comment