Monday, February 20, 2012

Gluten-Free Banana Bread w/ Walnuts

Dessert time!!

This was my first attempt at anything Gluten-Free, and it came out so well! I only slightly altered this recipe for Gluten-Free Banana Bread from Taste of Home. I also cut the recipe in half to make only one loaf of bread as opposed to 2. Yum!!

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup gluten-free all purpose flour
  • 1/2 tsp baking soda
  • 1/8 tsp salt (I used sea salt)
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 Large mashed bananas
  • 1/2 cup raw Turbinado sugar (you can use regular sugar if you want)
  • 1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
  • 1/6 cup canola oil (I basically just poured my 1/3 cup halfway full since this is an awkward measurement)
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 1/4 cup chopped walnuts

If I weren't on a no-chocolate diet, I would also say mix in about 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips for some added sweetness- but that's just me ;)

Directions:
  • Preheat oven to 350
  • In a large bowl combine flour, baking soda, and salt (this is where you would add in the chocolate chips as well).
  • In another bowl mix eggs, mashed bananas, sugar, applesauce, oil and vanilla.
  • Combine banana mix into dry mix until just moistened.
  • Pour mix into 8 x 4 in. pan coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with walnuts.
  • Bake for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick near the center comes out clean.
  • Let cool for 10 minutes and transfer to drying rack.

Enjoy!








No comments:

Post a Comment