Monday, June 2, 2014

Day 1 Overview: Trader Joe's & The Boston Public Gardens

Today was an absolutely gorgeous day in Boston. The weather was about 80 degrees all day, so I decided to take the Commuter Rail into the city to meet up with some of my good friends from the Startup Institute. Since most of us are just starting new jobs or in the process of looking for jobs, we are #poor. We decided to enjoy the day and each other's company with a "picnic" at the Boston Public Gardens.

Since I have not gone shopping for my healthy challenge yet, I decided to stop at Trader Joe's on Boylston Street, before heading down towards the BPG. There, I picked up a bag of snap peas, a box of fresh mangos (I'm a little obsessed with TJ's mangos), and Trader Joe's Mexicali Salad.

Mmmm

While generally a pre-packaged salad if iffy health-wise, I checked out the calories, and the salad which included cheese, chili-lime seasoned chicken, sun-dried tomatoes and corn- with dressing only added up to about 350 calories! Not bad at all.

I also picked up a Dunkin' Donuts iced coffee- milk, one sugar, and I was ready for my awesome picnic! Some shots of the "scenery" below:





Overall day:
Breakfast: Green Smoothie whole wheat toast w/ 1 tbsp almond butter
Lunch: Mango slices, snap peas, Trader Joe's Mexicali Salad w/ Half dressing
Snacks: Medium Dunkin' Donuts iced coffee w/ milk & 1 sugar, handful of pistachios 
Dinner: 1 Cup Trader Joes Reduced Sodium Tomato Soup & a Salad w/ carrots, cucumber, 1 small tomato, 1/2 avocado, sprinkle of parmesan cheese and vinegar & oil. 

Off to the gym for a weights circuit now!



No comments:

Post a Comment