Monday, June 2, 2014

Two Week Clean Eating Challenege

It is Monday, June 2nd, and I am starting a two week "clean eating" challenge. I got this idea because I noticed that I have been bored and turning to junky snacks and carbs- I don't have as much energy as I should, and I just feel all-around sluggish.

I have decided to try two weeks of my own version of Dr. Oz's "Clean Detox 30 Day Program" and write about my meals, exercise and results here for some motivation! Gotta hold myself accountable some way, right?

Today is the first day, and as I write this it is 8:14 am. I am going to set a few guidelines for myself in the two weeks:

-Green smoothie every morning for breakfast
-I am allowed to have one piece of toast at breakfast w/ (measured) scoop of almond butter.
-I am allowed to have coffee (Milk w/ one sugar, or skim milk)
-NO carb snacks (bye-bye chips, Wheat Thins, Pretzels, I'll miss you)
-NO dairy, unless used as condiment on salad (light, measured sprinkling)
-NO ice cream
-Can have some dark chocolate once a week.
-Weigh myself at the END of this process only- no need to get discouraged by fluctuations
-Vitamins everyday: b12 complex, b12, women's daily.

I know that if I restrict too much I will break my diet, so these guidelines will help me with my challenge. I am excited to start and see if I see any results!

Here goes nothing!


No comments:

Post a Comment